Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
188 Boylston Street, 1893-1896
188 Boylston Street was the first building occupied by the medical school. It was located on the site of the current Four Seasons Hotel by the Public Garden in downtown Boston.
The medical school occupied two floors in the building with space for lecture halls, study rooms, and a bacteriology laboratory. In 1894 a third floor was added, with a chemistry lab and dissecting room.
Successful enrollments required that the school relocate after only three years in the Boylston street building. The next home of the medical school was a renovated Baptist church located on Shawmut Avenue in Boston.