Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Crane Room, 1929
The Crane Room, originally Crane Chapel, was built as an addition to Paige Hall in 1929, to serve as a private chapel for the students and faculty of the divinity school. The architects of the chapel were George, Lloyd and Ruffing, who designed it as an adaptation of a chapel in Oxford, England. The oak panelling was brought over for the chapel from Warwick Forest in England.
With the closing of the Crane Theological School in 1968, the chapel was converted to academic use. The pulpit and pews were removed and it was converted into a large classroom, though the oak panelling remains.