Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Start House, located at 15-17 Latin Way on the Medford campus, was built in 1897 by Edwin A. Start, A1884, faculty member from 1892 to 1900. Tufts purchased the house in 1897. It became the second women's domitory from 1901 to 1925, then a residence for the dean of the engineering school from 1925 to 1972.
As of 2000, used as the Asian-American Center.
Source: FAS; RNCH2