Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Anna Quincy Churchill Prizes, 1954
|The Anna Quincy Churchill Prizes in General Biology were established in 1954 by Dr. Churchill, M1917, a member of the anatomy department in the Tufts School of Medicine and Dental Medicine from 1918 until her retirement as assistant professor emerita in 1954. The prizes are awarded annually for excellence in the study of botany and zoology in the general biology course.|
Anna Quincy Churchill, of Dorchester, Massachusetts, obtained a B.A. in zoology from Smith College and an M.A. in biology from Radcliffe. In 1913, she entered Tufts Medical School and received an M.D. summa cum laude in 1917. From 1923 to 1954 she was on the faculties of the Tufts Medical and Dental Schools, and became assistant professor emerita thereafter. In 1955 Tufts awarded her the Distinguished Service Key. She died March 21, 1971.
Source: BTU[Arts and Sciences/Engineering];100H