Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
80 Professors Row, 1868
|The house at 80 Professors Row, known as Shipman House, was originally built by Professor William R. Shipman, chair of the Department of English, in 1868. Shipman resided there until 1900, when he moved to 101 Talbot Avenue and sold the Professors Row property to Zeta Psi fraternity, which had been appealing to the Board of Trustees of Tufts College for the opportunity to build or purchase a chapter house on campus for seven years.|
The fraternity rennovated the house, adding dormers to the roof to make the third floor rooms usable. An addition was added to the rear of the structure during the 1930s, which included a new kitchen, dinning room, and chapter room, along with additional bedrooms, study rooms, and bathrooms.
As of 2005, the Kappa Chapter of Zeta Psi continues to be located at 80 Professors Row.