Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
11 Talbot Avenue, 1940
|The house at 11 Talbot Avenue was built in 1940 by Professor Stanton W. Yeager of the Department of Physical Education and Athletics and served as his home until his death in 1957. For many years it was known as Yeager House. It currently serves as the home of the Department of Art and Art History.
It was designed by architects Andrews, Jones, Biscoe and Whitmore, architects of a number of other buildings and homes on the Medford campus. Tufts purchased the house in 1957, and it was used as a faculty residence prior to being taken for administrative purposes.
Source: FAS; RNCH2