Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Heth Aleph Res, 1891-1900
Heth Aleph Res was a fraternity for students in the divinity school. In the spring of 1891, the matter of forming a Hebrew-lettered Tufts Divinity School fraternity was much discussed among the school's student body. By the following fall, several organizational meetings had been held, with the first official meeting of Heth Aleph Res taking place on October 5, 1891.
The fraternity received a chapter house in 1895 on Sawyer Avenue. Similar in goals to the other fraternal organizations on campus, Heth Aleph Res's membership was confined entirely to students of the theological school. The society dissolved around 1900.