Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Graves House, 1895-1986
|Graves House, formerly located at 18 Latin Way, was constructed in 1895 by professor Frank P. Graves of the classical philology department. It was used as a student residence after Graves retired, and continued in that use until it was razed to make way for the Mayer Campus Center in 1986.|
The house served as the chapter house for Delta Tau Delta fraternity in 1915. The building, designed by architects Johnson & Whitcomb, was heavily damaged by fire in 1925.