Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
55 Talbot Avenue, 1922
|Originally built by Professor Edwin H. Wright of the College of Engineering, the house at 55 Talbot Avenue was known as Wright House for many years. The house served as the residence for Professor Wright during his lifetime and then passed to his son. It was purchased by the university in 1953, at which time it continued to serve as faculty housing and was occupied by Eugene S. Ashton, chaplain of the university.
As of 2005, 55 Talbot Avenue serves as the home of the Women's Center.