Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Forsyth Dental Infirmary for Children, 1910-1955
The Forsyth Dental Infirmary for Children was established in 1910 by Thomas Alexander Forsyth and John Hamilton Forsyth to provide free dental care to children, with services to be provided by Tufts dental school and Harvard's dental school. Among the incorporators and trustees of the infirmary were President Hamilton of Tufts, Dr. Branigan of the dental school, Dr. Timothy Leary of the medical school, Dean Harold Williams, and Sumner Robinson, member of the Tufts board of trustees.
Tufts maintained a close relationship with the Forsyth Infirmary until 1955, when the infirmary affiliated with Harvard Medical School.