Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
McCollester House, 1910
Built in 1910, McCollester House is located at 28-32 Capen Street, at the intersection with Edison Avenue. Tufts purchased the house in 1966, following its vacancy as a dormitory for the Bouve-Boston School. The structure has been used since that time as student housing.
McCollester House was named for Lee S. McCollester, alumnus and dean of the Crane Theological School.
As of 2000, McCollester House is used as one of three dormitories for the university's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Source: BG1, FAS