Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Houston Hall, 1962
|Houston Hall was constructed in 1962 to serve as a dormitory for men. It was named in honor of Clarence P. "Pop" Houston, a graduate of Tufts (A1914) who was Professor of Commercial Law, Vice President of Development, and Director of Athletics from 1921 to 1946.|
Houston Hall was designed by Perry and Dean. It was constructed and dedicated at the same time as Tilton Hall, a dormitory for women.
As of 2005, Houston Hall is used as a freshman dormitory.