Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Dean Hall, 1887-1963
Dean Hall was constructed in 1887 with funds donated by Oliver Dean to serve as a dormitory for men on the Medford Campus. For a time after its initial construction it was known as Thayer Hall.
It accommodated 24 students in suites consisting of a study and two bedrooms.
In 1963, Dean Hall was demolished to make way for the extension of the Fletcher School's facilities, with the addition of Mugar Hall on to the western end of Goddard.