Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Miller Hall, 1959
|Miller Hall was constructed in 1959 as a dormitory for men. It was named in honor of George S. Miller, A1906, who served as an professor and administrator from 1916 until 1956 and was acting president from 1937 to 1938. It was designed by Perry, Shaw, Hepburn, and Dean.|
Miller Hall was known informally as the "Miller Hilton" because of its appointments. It housed a computer lab in the basement.
As of 2005, Miller continues to be used as an undergraduate dormitory. The basement contains the Tufts Institute for the Environment (TIE) and the Oxfam Cafe.