Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Dewick/MacPhie Dining Hall, 1959
Dewick/MacPhie Dining Hall was created in 1995 with the renovation and merging of Dewick Dining Hall and MacPhie Dining Hall into one facility to serve undergraduate dining needs.
Dewick Dining Hall was constructed in 1959 as a dining facility for Jackson College students residing in Bush Hall, which it adjoins. It was named for Cora Polk Dewick, J1896, member of the first co-educational class at Tufts and first alumna trustee, 1920-1940, and was designed by Perry, Shaw, Hepburn, and Dean. MacPhie Dining Hall was constructed in 1961 adjacent to Dewick and sharing the same kitchen, to provide additional dining seating for Jackson College students and the College of Special Studies. It was named for Etta and Elmore MacPhie, both of whom were trustees. MacPhie Hall, like Dewick Hall, was designed by Perry, Shaw, Hepburn, and Dean.
As of 2000, Dewick/MacPhie Dining Hall is used as a dining facility for undergraduates.
Source: BG7; LOH2, 40