Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Alumnae Hall, 1955
|Alumnae Hall, on the Medford campus, was constructed in 1953 for the Tufts Alumni Association from funds raised by Tufts and Jackson alumni. It connects Jackson Gymnasium to the Aidekman Arts Center, originally the Cohen Arts Building.|
The main floor of Alumnae Hall is occupied by a large lounge decorated with murals depicting the founding and first one hundred years of Tufts history. The murals were painted by two Boston artists, Nathaniel J. Jacobson and Matthew W. Boyhan.
In addition to the lounge, Alumnae Hall contains a kitchen and several offices. The building's architect was Arland A. Dirlam.
Source: FAS; RNCB3