Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Dr. Philip E. A. Sheridan Prize, 1977
The Dr. Philip E. A. Sheridan Prize was established in 1977 by bequest of Dr. Sheridan, A1908, M1912. The prize is awarded annually to the student who has shown the most improvement through the junior year in bachelor of arts course work.
Philip E. A. Sheridan grew up in South Boston, graduated from Tufts College in 1908, and from Tufts Medical School, where he was class president, in 1912. He did postgraduate work at Harvard Medical School and the University of Pennsylvania, specializing in Otolaryngology. He was an otologist for the Boston School Department and the Horace Mann School for the Deaf and worked for Carney Hospital, Forsyth Infirmary, City Hospital, O'Connell House, St. Elizabeth's Hospital, St. Mary's Infant Asylum, and St. Margaret's Hospital. He also lectured at City Hospital and Boston Teachers' College. He died December 4, 1965, at the age of 81.
Source: BTU[Arts and Sciences/Engineering]; 100H