Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Bolles House, 1900
|Bolles House, located at 226 College Avenue on the Medford campus, was constructed in 1900 by Professor Edwin C. Bolles and served as his residence until his death in 1920. The architect was E.F. Lawrence of Medford, Massachusetts. Since 1956 it has been used by the university for administrative offices, and as of 2005, houses the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Center and the Latino Center.|
After Bolles' death in 1920 the house continued to be occupied by his daughter. From 1923 until 1942 it was the residence of Professor Robert C. Givler of the Department of Psychology. It served as a residence for Nils Wessell from 1943 to 1951, and for George S. Miller from 1951 until 1955. In 1956 it was taken for the laboratory for the Institute for Applied Science.
Source: FAS; RNCH2