Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Braker Hall, 1926
|Braker Hall was constructed in 1926 with funds from Henry J. Braker of New York. Braker gave $500,000 to fund the Braker School of Business Administration. While the school in Braker's name was never founded, Braker Hall was built to house the Department of Economics, which continues to reside there.|
Braker Hall contains classrooms on the first two floors and office space on the third. The basement contains a large lecture hall, which because of the slope of the hill is above ground. The building's architects were Andrews, Jones, Biscoe, and Whitmore.
Over the years a number of departments have shared Braker with the Department of Economics, including history, government, and philosophy.
Source: RNTB2; FAS; BG3