Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Sweet Hall, 1953-1999
|Sweet Hall, named for Harold E. Sweet, president of the board of trustees, was constructed in 1953 for the ROTC program. It contained offices and classrooms for the growing numbers of students enrolled in the various ROTC training programs on the Medford campus. Sweet Hall was designed by Arland A. Dirlam.|
Sweet Hall later housed the Office of the Bursar and the Office of Communications. It was demolished in 1999 to make way for Dowling Hall, the student services center and parking garage.
Source: FAS; RNTB3