Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Haskell Hall, 1965
|Haskell Hall was built in 1965 to serve as a dormitory for Jackson College. It was named for Harold Clifford Haskell, trustee of Tufts University from 1952 to 1957, and his wife Ruth Sibley Haskell.|
Haskell Hall is part of a complex of dormitories and dining halls built in the 1950s and 1960s to serve the needs of Jackson College students. Designed by Perry, Shaw, Hepburn, and Dean, it was built on land that used to be part of the Tufts golf course.
As of 1999, it continues to be used as a dormitory, though it is coeducational. Student rooms are organized into suites with a combination of single and double rooms opening off a central lounge area.