Concise Encyclopedia of Tufts History
Tilton Hall, 1961
|Tilton Hall was constructed in 1961 to serve as a dormitory for Jackson College. It was dedicated simultaneously with Houston Hall, a new dormitory for men. Tilton Hall was designed by Perry, Shaw, Hepburn, and Dean, and was named for John P. Tilton, member of the Tufts faculty for more than thirty years and provost of the university, who died in 1959.|
As of 2005, Tilton Hall is used as a dormitory for freshmen on the Medford campus.