Here and There at Tufts
Curtis Hall was completed in 1894. It is situated at the foot of the hill on College Avenue, and in addition to rooms for students it contains the college post office and Commons dining hall. Recently the wing facing the chemical laboratory has been renovated, and is used by the department of engineering as a lecture hall. The "Dive" which originally occupied this wing has been moved to the other side of the building. Curtis Hall originally contained a general book and supply store, but with the advent of the Bookstore this was removed to the second floor of Ballou Hall. Curtis Hall is occupied almost entirely by engineering students on account of its nearness to Robinson Hall and the Bromfield-Pearson School. It is steam heated and lighted by gas. On the second floor are the offices of the Tufts College. Publishing Association. In the basement is situated the Tufts College Press, managed by H. W. Whittemore, '86. All the college printing is done there besides the publishing of the TUFTS COLLEGE GRADUATE.