Nonlinear Neighborhood Interactions and Intergenerational Transmission of Human Capital.Ioannides, Yannis Menelaos.
The paper develops a model of the intergenerational transmission of human capital that reflects both individual choice and neighborhood interactions. It implies a law of motion for human capital that under certain conditions exhibits multiple equilibria that differ in terms of stability. As a result, the distribution of human capital across the population in the long run may not collapse into a si... read more
- Human capital.
- Neighborhoods--Economic aspects.
- Social interaction--Economic aspects.
- Economics--Sociological aspects.
- Tufts University. Department of Economics.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Ioannides, Yannis M. "Nonlinear Neighborhood Interactions and Intergenerational Transmission of Human Capital." In Essays in Economic Theory, Growth and Labour Markets: A Festschrift in Honor of Emmanuel Drandakis, edited by George Bitros and Yannis Katsoulakos, 75-112. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, 2002.