Cruel Pessimism: Masculinity and Lone Actor Domestic Terrorism in the U.S.Brown, Emma R.
This project reconceives lone actor domestic terrorism in the United States as a function of violent normative masculinity. I argue that current theories overinvest in the psychological and ideological profiles of perpetrators as distinct from the nexus of violence and masculinity. Four case studies of attacks by domestic terrorists will be explored. Social failure perceived as an assault on their... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Domestic terrorism--United States--Psychological aspects.
- Terrorists--United States--Psychological aspects.
- Tufts University. American Studies Program.
- Permanent URL