The Female Impact: Gendered Effects on Congressional Behavior Over Time.Weissman, Anna S.
Abstract: As a nation, we stand far behind other progressive forces on the issue of gender equality, particularly in politics, where representatives’ genders do not accurately reflect the gender makeup of our country. Thirty years ago around 7% of the House and 2% of the Senate were comprised of women. Today approximately 20% of the entire Congress consists of women. The gender divide has decrease... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Women--Political activity--United States.
- Women legislators--United States.
- Tufts University. Department of Political Science.
- United States. Congress.
- Permanent URL