Selling Paradise: Commercialization, Textiles, and Tourism on Taquile Island, Peru.Madden, Cassidy M.
Abstract: This project examines the tourism industry as it relates to both the preservation of culture and economic development on Taquile Island, Peru. Through ethnographic research based on interviews, material analysis, and participant observation in tour groups and the homes of islanders, I consider the ways that tourist expectations of the island shape the economic and cultural resources of i... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Tourism--Social aspects--Peru--Taquili.
- Textile crafts--Peru--Taquili.
- Economic development--Peru--Taquili.
- Taquili (Peru)--Economic conditions.
- Taquili (Peru)--Social conditions.
- Tufts University. Department of Anthropology.
- Permanent URL