The Life of Daisy: An English Translation of Hinagiku no JinseiLee, Karen
An English translation of the novel Hinagiku no Jinsei, written by Banana Yoshimoto. First published in 2000, The Life of Daisy concerns the story of a young woman named Daisy (Hinagiku) who cooks at an okonomiyaki and yakisoba shop. Narrated in the first-person voice, the novel explores themes of death and loss through Daisy’s relationships with her mother and childhood best friend, Dahlia.
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Yoshimoto, Banana,1964-.--Hinagiku no jinsei.
- Yoshimoto, Banana,1964---Criticism and interpretation.
- Tufts University. Department of German, Russian and Asian Languages and Literatures.
- Permanent URL