More than a Strange Contradiction: Dharma, Colonialism and Agency in Bankimcandra Chatterji's Later WorkLizotte, Hayden A.
This project explores the goals and features of the political and religious program, called dharma, of Bankimcandra Chatterji's later writings. In Chapter 1, I analyze the various influences in colonial Calcutta that would have impacted Bankim, as well as the ways in which new ideas penetrated the colonial milieu and how Enlightenment forms of thought have impacted both the period itself as well a... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Senior honors thesis.
- Tufts University. Department of Religion.
- Colonies in literature.
- Caṭṭopādhyāẏa, Baṅkimacandra, 1838-1894--Criticism and interpretation.
- Caṭṭopādhyāẏa, Baṅkimacandra, 1838-1894--Religion.
- Caṭṭopādhyāẏa, Baṅkimacandra, 1838-1894 --Characters--Women.
- Permanent URL