Town Green area, general view of Pierce Hall, Brookline, Massachusetts, 2 of 2.Floyd, Margaret Henderson.
Originally built in 1824 as a two-story Town House to hold a school, a meeting hall, and town offices. The building lost its role with the construction of a new Town Hall on Washington Street in 1844. Bought by the First Parish Church in 1890, it was named Pierce Hall in honor of the Rev. John Pierce, and incorporated into the church in 1906. (Source: Community Walk website).
- This object is in collection:
- Margaret Henderson Floyd Architectural Slide Collection
- Architectural practice--Massachusetts--Brookline--History.
- Regionalism in architecture--Massachusetts.
- Church architecture--Massachusetts--Brookline.
- Brookline (Mass.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- churches (buildings)
- exterior views.
- Permanent URL