Newspaper Row on Washington Street, ca. 1874
- Elevated view of (left to right) 84-96 Washington Street. The buildings are located on the east side of the street. The Boston Investigator is located at 84 Washington Street. The Boston Daily Globe is located at 92 Washington Street, south of the Boston Investigator building and in the center of the photograph. Signage adorns all of the buildings. A large clock hangs above the entrance to ... read morethe Boston Daily Globe. Five men can be seen standing in front of 84 and 92 Washington Street. A horse-drawn wagon is pictured in front of the American Merchant Express Company at the lower right-hand corner of the print. 3 1/2 x 3 5/16, 4 1/8 x 4 overall Photographsread less
- Commercial buildings
- Clocks and watches
- Instrument manufacture
- Horse-drawn vehicles
- Insurance companies
- Washington Street
- Washington Street Shopping District
- Boston (Mass.)
- S.S. Kilburn Designing and Engraving
- J.S.F. Huddleston, Barometers, Thermometers, and Hydrometers, Inc.
- Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Boston Daily Globe
- American Merchants Express Company
- National Life Insurance, Inc.
- Boston Investigator
- Component ID:
- To Cite:
- TARC Citation Guide EndNote
- Detailed Rights
To request a high-resolution image, choose Add to List.