Title: E. B. Dennison Photographs
Dates: 1920 -- 1950
Creator: Dennison, E. B.
Call Number: MS073
Size: 0.5 Cubic Feet, 1 box
Permanent URL: http://hdl.handle.net/10427/48191
Digital Collections and Archives, Tufts University
This collection contains glass plate negatives and prints taken by Medford photographer E. B. Dennison. Most of the images document the destruction of the Reservoir, but campus views are also present, as well as pictures of the brickyards formerly located on College Avenue.
This collection is in received order.
E. B. Dennison was a member of the Executive Committee for the Mystic Camera Club starting in the 1920s. Though little is documented of the club after the 1920s, Dennison was an active photographer, and documented scenes around Medford and Tufts campus through the late 1940s. Dennison was also an active member of the Medford Historical Society in the early twentieth century. The Mystic Camera Club was formed in 1889. The club focused on preparing and displaying slides for members of the club and of the surrounding communities. Additionally, the club arranged outings to various local places and places of historical interest to take photographs. The club also prepared a set of slides annually for the New England Lantern Slide Exchange. By the time Dennison joined the club's Executive Committee, the club was starting to die down, due to the rise in commercial photo printing, which had made many camera clubs obsolete.
This collection is open for research. This collection may require review before it is available for use. Please contact DCA for further details.
Some material in this collection may be protected by copyright and other rights. Please see "Reproductions and Use" on the Digital Collections and Archives website for more information about reproductions and permission to publish. No documentation is available regarding the intellectual property rights in this collection.
This collection is minimally processed.