Title: Science Libraries Bulletin
Creator: Lufkin Engineering Library
Call Number: UP225
Size: 0.50 cubic ft.
Digital Collection and Archives, Tufts University
This collection contains a newsletter of new acquisitions for the science libraries on the Medford campus.
Lufkin Engineering Library (1928-1996) was a collection started with the Tufts College's School of Engineering to provide resources to engineering students and faculty. The collection included resources for mathematics, physics and astronomy departments. The library was merged with Wessell Library in 1996.
The Richard H. Lufkin Memorial Library later encompassed the Knipp Physics Library and the Rockwell Chemistry Library all into Wessell, as of summer 1986. Lufkin Library was located in Anderson Hall, the main engineering building.
A plan was first proposed in fall 1987 to merge the contents of Lufkin Library with Wessell Library. (Tufts Daily, Oct. 28, 1987). In November 1987, the student Senate voted to oppose the move of Lufkin to Wessell. The proposal included folding the Engineering Library, the Julian K. Knipp Physics Library and the Edward Rockwell Chemistry Library all into Wessell. Lufkin was completely closed and moved to Wessell in Fall 1996 (Tufts Daily, Jan. 18, 1996).
Read more about Lufkin Engineering Library.
This collection is open for research.
This collection is processed and open for research.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections. Please see the DCA's policy on Copyright and Fair Use for more information.
This series contains a newsletter of new acquisitions for the science libraries on the Medford campus.