Tufts University Faculty Annual, 1940-06-1983-04

Overview

Title: Tufts University Faculty Annual
Dates: 1940-06-1983-04
Creator: Office of the Vice Provost
Call Number: UP140
Size: 0.75 cubic ft.
Location:
    Digital Collection and Archives, Tufts University

Description

This collection contains annual issues of "Faculty Annual" from 1940 to 1983 which provides details of current areas of research and scholarly interest as well as publications of University Faculty. Originally published in 1909-10 as part of the president's annual report to the Trustees. Between 1938 and 1956 it was published annually as "Faculty Publications: A Bibliography of Books, Articles, Monographs published by members of the several faculties."

Biography/History

Historical or Biographical Note

The Office of the Vice Provost was formerly known as the Office of the Associate Provost for Research. Between November 1984 and July 1986 the positions of Director of Government Resources, Health Sciences, and the Director of Government Resources, Arts and Sciences, were moved from the University Development office to the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost with the creation of the positions of Associate Provost for Research, Boston Campus and the Associate Provost for Research, Medford Campus. The two positions were combined during the 1993-1994 academic year, and the position was also expanded to include the Grafton campus. In 2004, the Associate Provost for Research became the Vice Provost.

Access and Use

Access Restrictions

This collection is open for research.

This collection is processed and open for research.

Use Restrictions

Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the patron's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections. Please see the DCA's policy on Copyright and Fair Use for more information.

Series Description

  1. Tufts University Faculty Annual, 1940-06-1983-04

    This series contains issues of "Faculty Annual" which provides details of current areas of research and scholarly interest as well as publications of University Faculty. Originally published in 1909-1910 as part of the president's annual report to the Trustees. Between 1938 and 1956 it was published annually as "Faculty Publications: A Bibliography of Books, Articles, Monographs published by members of the several faculties"