Learning Engineering and Teaching Engineering: Comparing the Engineering Epistemologies of Two Novice Teachers with Distinct Pedagogies of DesignSwenson, Jessica E.
This research paper describes the study of novice teachers’ epistemological framing of engineering learning and teaching. The inclusion of engineering design at all grade levels in the Next Generation Science Standards calls for efforts to create learning opportunities for teachers to learn to teach engineering. In our research on the role of engineering in elementary teacher preparation, we ask, ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tufts Published Scholarship
- Engineering--Study and teaching.
- Tufts University. Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Wendell, K., Swenson, J. & Dalvi, T. (2017) Learning Engineering and Teaching Engineering: Comparing the Engineering Epistemologies of Two Novice Teachers with Distinct Pedagogies of Design. In the Proceedings of the American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference and Exposition, New Orleans, Louisiana.