Beyond Objectivity: Language, Truth Production, and Dominant Narratives in Journalism.Feldberg, Eve K.
Through a critical discourse analysis of reporting and national-level writing about the organized student responses to institutional racism and violence at Yale and the University of Missouri, and an examination of my experiences working for a student publication, I explore links between language, power, objectivity, and a supposedly-objective truth. I ask, Whose voices are given authority and spa... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- American newspapers--Objectivity.
- College student newspapers and periodicals--United States.
- Racism--Press coverage.
- Tufts University. American Studies Program.
- Permanent URL