A Political Fantasy: Female Images in the Late Ming-Dynasty Chinese Erotic Paintings.Qin, Yuhan.
This thesis is dedicated to the study of female images in late Ming-dynasty erotic paintings. By examining the formal elements within the social context in late Ming, I propose erotic artists’ anxieties of the turbulent society and dissatisfaction with corruption in government were often reflected in the themes, settings, body structures, and particularly, female images of erotic paintings.
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Erotic painting, Chinese.
- Erotic art--China--Ming-Qing dynasties, 1368-1912.
- Women in art--Political aspects.
- Tufts University. Department of Art and Art History.
- Permanent URL