Childbirth in Chains: Reproduction and Punishment in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.Lipscomb, Mary C.
My project is an anthropological study of the process of passing a Massachusetts law which regulates the care and treatment of incarcerated pregnant women and the production of noncompliance with this law, through discourse emerging from the State House and from advocates for the law. It asks, if the carceral state is produced, maintained, fortified and escalated by law, how, then, do advocates at... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Reproductive rights--Law and legislation--Massachusetts.
- Tufts University. Department of Anthropology.
- Tufts University. Department of Sociology.
- Permanent URL