Rewriting without Righting: the Post-Colonial Canon Revised.Roodehchi, Sahar.
In this senior honors thesis, I seek to analyze criticisms of the "Western canon" particularly through the method of re-writing. I look three main texts: Jean Rhys' Wide Sargasso Sea, J.M. Coetzee's Foe, and Zadie Smith's On Beauty. I analyze the ways in which each of these texts interacts with the structure of the Western canon in a unique way by reframing or reshaping the classic. Overall, I exa... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Canon (Literature)
- Rhys, Jean.--Wide Sargasso Sea.
- Rhys, Jean--Criticism and interpretation.
- Coetzee, J. M., 1940---Foe.
- Coetzee, J. M.,1940---Criticism and interpretation
- Smith, Zadie.--On beauty.
- Smith, Zadie--Criticism and interpretation.
- Tufts University. Department of English.
- Permanent URL