Analyzing the American Gender Wage Gap: Why Do Different States Have Different Wage Gaps?Orloff, Reba Z.
A facet of the American gender wage gap is state level variation. Why are women paid 64 cents to the male dollar in Wyoming, but 89 cents to the male dollar in New York? Utilizing regression analysis, I explore my hypothesis that certain demographic and political variables have statistically significant relationships with state level gender wage gaps. My findings confirm my hypothesis, indicating ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Wages--Women--United States.
- Equal pay for equal work--United States.
- Pay equity--United States.
- Women--Employment--United States.
- Sex discrimination in employment--United States.
- Tufts University. Department of Political Science.
- Permanent URL