Stage Dialectics: Performativity, Thought, and The Novel.Weaver, Daniel A.
Modern’ and ‘Post-modern’ texts (Ulysses, Infinite Jest) take the question of self-hood and turn on its impossibility. Logics of interiority in the theatre and the novel indulge our sense of authority as readers – that our knowledge of character’s thoughts grants us a definitive knowledge of who they are – what they want and why, the constitution of their psychology and a coherent sense of a whole... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Self in literature.
- Performative (Philosophy)--In literature.
- Literature, Modern--20th century--History and criticism.
- Postmodernism--History and criticism.
- Tufts University. Department of English.
- Permanent URL