Support Your Troops?: The Falling Support for War, the Height of Military Prestige, and Media Portrayals.Cheema, Manal W.
This thesis examines how the U.S. mainstream media affected the public confidence in the military during the Vietnam and Iraq wars through four quantitative and qualitative analyses. First, media framing analysis demonstrates the U.S. public was less willing to subscribe to human-interest and nation-protecting frames that presented the military negatively in Iraq as opposed to Vietnam. Furthermor... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Iraq War, 2003-2011--Mass media and the war.
- Iraq War, 2003-2011--Public opinion.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Mass media and the war.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Public opinion.
- Tufts University. Department of Political Science.
- Permanent URL