Bruxaria Without the Sabbath in PortugalPearl Schwartz, Samuel R.
In contrast to what is found in the witchcraft trials of mainland Europe during the 15th-18th centuries, most witchcraft trials in Portugal lack evidence of the Sabbath (the incestuous, orgiastic, cannibalistic, nighttime meetings where witches professed their faith to the devil). This lack of the Sabbath is not a coincidence. To prove the point, this paper will examine the only three mainland Eu... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tufts Published Scholarship
- Eimeric, Nicolau, 1320-1399. Directorium inquisitorum.
- Institoris, Heinrich, 1430-1505. Malleus maleficarum.
- Del Rio, Martin Antoine, 1551-1608. Disquisitionum magicarum libri sex.
- Tufts University. Department of History.
- Permanent URL