The study of the development of civic engagement within contemporary developmental science: Theory, method, and applicationJohnson, Sara K.
Lerner, Richard M.
Ferris, K. A.
Hershberg, R. M
Within contemporary developmental science, models derived from relational developmental systems metatheory emphasize that the basic process involved in the ontogeny of civic engagement involves mutually-influential and beneficial relations between the developing individual and his or her complex and changing social, cultural, and physical contexts (represented as individual ← → context relations).... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tufts Published Scholarship
- Human Development
- Developmental psychology.
- Service learning.
- Young volunteers in social service.
- Young volunteers in community development.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Lerner, R. M., Johnson, S. K., Wang, J., Ferris, K. A., & Hershberg, R. M. (2015). The study of the development of civic engagement within contemporary developmental science: Theory, method, and application. Research in Human Development, 12(1-2), 149-156.