Emerging adults’ identity exploration: Illustrations from inside the ‘camp bubble.Johnson, Sara K.
Goldman, J. A.
Garey, A. I.
Britner, P. A.
Weaver, S. E.
The study investigates the experiences of emerging adults who had worked as counselors at overnight summer camps; identity-related issues emerge as most salient in the analysis of in-depth interviews conducted with 12 women and 8 men from 8 camps. Their descriptions portray the identity exploration that took place within the camp context, through opportunities to try out roles and responsibilities... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tufts Published Scholarship
- Identity (Psychology) in adolescence--Research.
- Camp counselors--United States--Interviews.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Johnson, S. K., Goldman, J. A., Garey, A. I., Britner, P. A., & Weaver, S. E. (2011). Emerging adults’ identity exploration: Illustrations from inside the ‘camp bubble.’ Journal of Adolescent Research, 26(2), 258-295.