Relational developmental systems-based theories and the study of children and families: Lerner and Spanier (1978) revisitedJohnson, Sara K.
Lerner, Richard M.
Buckingham, M. B
We discuss the evolution of scientific theory using the example of the relational developmental systems (RDS) metamodel, a conception emphasizing mutually influential relations between individuals and contexts. An important basis for RDS ideas in contemporary developmental science is Lerner and Spanier's (1978) discussion of mutually influential relationships between children and families. In the ... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tufts Published Scholarship
- Youth development--Research.
- Developmental psychology--Research.
- Human Development.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Lerner, R. M., Johnson, S. K., & Buckingham, M. B. (2015). Relational developmental systems-based theories and the study of children and families: Lerner and Spanier (1978) revisited. Journal of Family Theory and Review, 7, 83 – 104.