"I mean, we’re guys:” Constructing gender at an all-male trade school.Johnson, Sara K.
Arbeit, M. R.
Hershberg, R. M.
Lerner, J. V.
Lerner, Richard M.
For young men, the transition to adulthood may be a time of heightened adherence to traditional gender roles and norms of masculinity. However, recent research with young men in gender-specific contexts has indicated that some contexts support a construction of masculinity that is more inclusive. Through a theoretical thematic analysis of interviews with young men in their first week at an all-mal... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Tufts Published Scholarship
- Young men--Education (Higher)--Psychology.
- Maturation (Psychology)
- Stereotypes (Social psychology)
- Trade schools.
- Single-sex schools.
- Permanent URL
- Original publication
- Arbeit, M. R., Hershberg, R. M., Johnson, S. K., Lerner, J. V., & Lerner, R. M. (2015). “I mean, we’re guys:” Constructing gender at an all-male trade school. Journal of Adolescent Research. Advance online publication. DOI: 10.1177/0743558415590659