Women of Algiers in their Apartment: A Study of Community in Exile.Ann, Laura K.
Born in Algeria, of Arabic descent, but educated within the colonial French system, Assia Djebar was a writer whose texts focused on the female experience during and after Algerian independence. In her work, Djebar captures the lives of Algerian women and reveals their personal and emotional struggles, challenging colonial and nationalist narratives of what women’s lives should be. Examining short... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Exiles in literature.
- Postcolonialism in literature.
- Feminism in literature.
- Women--Algeria--Social conditions--20th century.
- Algeria--Social conditions--20th century.
- Algeria--History--Revolution, 1954-1962--Women.
- Djebar, Assia, 1936-2015--Criticism and interpretation.
- Tufts University. International Literary and Visual Studies.
- Tufts University. Department of International Literary and Cultural Studies.
- Permanent URL