Vladimir Putin's Manufacture of Civil Society: Between Hegemony and Domination.Khakimov, Grigory.
This thesis applies Antonio Gramsci’s theoretical framework, analyzing how Vladimir Putin manufactures both state hegemony (top-down consent) and domination (coercion) over civil society. In terms of ideological hegemony, the paper investigates how Putin’s discourse of stability and statehood “manages” popular consent and legitimize Putin’s Caesarist leadership. Also I demonstrate how Putin produc... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate Honors Theses
- Power (Social sciences)--Russia (Federation)--History.
- Hegemony--Russia (Federation)
- Russia (Federation)--Politics and government--1991-
- Putin, Vladimir Vladimirovich, 1952---Political and social views.
- Tufts University. Department of Political Science.
- Permanent URL