Red Letter Days: Bolshevik Visions of Soviet Culture, 1917-1924Evans, Jeramey J.
In the following work, I will argue that Lenin, Trotsky, Lunacharsky, and Bogdanov—four of the most prominent and influential early Bolsheviks—were consistently guided by Marxist theory in their approach to major cultural issues, such as literary criticism, censorship, and the concept of “proletarian culture.” I assert that, with regard to these three topics in culture, the views of Marx and Engel... read more
- This object is in collection:
- Undergraduate honors theses
- Communism and culture--Soviet Union--History.
- Soviet Union--History--1917-1936.
- Tufts University. Department of History.
- Rossiĭskai︠a︡ sot︠s︡ial-demokraticheskai︠a︡ rabochai︠a︡ partii︠a︡ (bolʹshevikov)
- Permanent URL